This week I have completed illustrations 5 through 8 and have discovered a few things! I have completed two illustrations at a time so far and have needed to look back at the previous illustrations to match the watercolours tones and pigment as best as possible as I am diluting my half pans pigment quite a bit. Keeping my drawings consistent throughout, is my main priority in this process. I have also began drawing the illustrations with glaciers and mountains in the backgrounds and have needed to add another medium to my work. I've been taking acrylic white paint to dry brush in the snow that sits on the peaks of the mountains in the distance of the illustrations. I was not expecting to use anything more than I discussed in my proposal but the paint has really helped the mountains shape come to life. I am currently, outside of class time working on how I am going to create northern lights in my illustrations for the last few pages of the book. I am also working with my publisher on getting the ISBN for this book in hopes I am able to have a final copy for my presentation in June. Here are a few images of what this past week has looked like.